Crafting a Stunning Bouquet of Roses with Exquisite Woven Picot Stitching



The woven picot stitch technique is traditionally associated with delicate, fine-petaled flowers like daisies. Today, we embark on an extraordinary journey to create unique and enchanting roses using the woven picot stitch. 
Together, we'll explore this unconventional approach, breathing life into a bouquet of woven picot stitch roses that will truly stand out.  Prepare to unlock your creativity as we navigate the intricacies of this technique, resulting in breathtaking roses that are anything but ordinary.
 Join me as we embrace this exciting challenge, and let the beauty of woven picot stitch roses unfold in our hands.

Assuming you are already familiar with the picot stitch technique, in this lesson, I will focus on guiding you through the process of positioning the petals while creating a beautiful rose. 
If you need further information on the technique itself, you can refer to the provided link for a detailed tutorial. 

 I start by weaving a long and narrow petal using the picot stitch technique, focusing on the central point of my first rose. This intricate woven picot petal will resemble the unopened bud at the heart of the rose. 
Once the weaving is complete, as depicted in the accompanying images, I delicately coil the petal around itself, securing it to the fabric with a stitch near the base of the picot. This gentle folding motion creates a beautiful bud-like effect for the picot.


Now, I proceed to create three petals that encircle the bud in a circular arrangement. I weave picots consisting of three thread legs.
 It is important to ensure that the length of these picots is slightly taller than the height of the central bud. This height difference adds a visually appealing dimension to the rose.

Moving on to the second row of petals, I aim to enhance the fullness and visual impact of the rose. These wider and longer petals add an elegant touch, increasing the charm of the overall design. 
Using a technique of weaving picots with five thread legs, I delicately expand the size of the petals, providing a sense of depth and dimension to the rose. 
With the addition of five carefully crafted petals in the second row, the rose blossoms with a graceful fullness, creating a captivating composition that delights the eyes.

To further enhance the fullness of the rose, it's time to add another layer of petals. For this final layer, embroider six wider petals. Use the same weaving technique of picots with five thread legs, but make sure these petals are broader and longer compared to the ones in the second row. 
This gradual increase in size will add depth and beauty to the rose, creating a captivating and voluminous effect. 
With the careful addition of these six petals, your rose will blossom with an exquisite fullness and irresistible charm.


Next to my first purple rose, I weave another rose using light and dark pink colors. I embroider the middle bud and the three rose petals around it by weaving them with dark pink thread. I continue weaving the rose petals with light pink thread, creating a beautiful contrast with the purple rose. 

This combination of colors adds depth and visual interest to my bouquet of roses, creating a stunning and vibrant composition.




I add half-bloom roses and rose buds to give my bouquet a more finished look. 
These delicate blooms add variety and texture to the arrangement. Using a combination of light and dark pink threads, I carefully weave the petals of the half-bloom roses, capturing their elegant and partially opened form. 


I complete the bouquet by adding the final touches of rose branches and leaves. To create the leaves, I choose to weave them using the five-legged picot stitch. This technique allows me to achieve a textured and dimensional effect for the leaves. Instead of opting for surface embroidery, which could add more intricate details, I decide to maintain the overall size and appearance of the bouquet. The leaves, woven with precision and care, contribute to the overall composition, enhancing the natural and realistic look of the embroidered roses. 
With the addition of the rose branches and leaves, the bouquet is now complete.
Picot stitch roses are a delightful addition to any embroidery project, and I'm glad to have shared the step-by-step process of creating my bouquet with you.
 I hope it serves as an inspiration for your future projects. Remember, with patience and creativity, you can bring beautiful creations to life. Thank you for joining me on this journey, and until next time, take care and farewell!



Quotes-Inspired Hoop Art Ideas with Felt Appliques, Embroidery, and Crocheted Flowers

Explore 3D embroidery flower garden designs.

Bring your dream garden to life in your embroidery projects with simple and easy embroidery patterns!



➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠