♥Create Beautiful Ribbon Embroidered Roses: A Step-by-Step Tutorial for Beginners


Today, I've got something really exciting to share with you. It's a simple technique that anyone, yes, even beginners, can use to create amazing silk ribbon embroidery designs.
My method for embroidered roses is a piece of cake, even if you're just starting out. But here's the best part: the results are absolutely stunning. 

Seriously, you won't believe how beautiful your creations will turn out. So, to help you out, I've put together a fully illustrated tutorial that will guide you through each step of the process.
Let's roll up our sleeves and get started, allowing our creativity to blossom.

When creating the rose, I'm using three different shades of dirty yellow color. I'm beginning by working with the darkest shade.

First, I'm starting by making the center of the rose. I'm cutting a ribbon of approximately 6-7 cm in length to mimic the appearance of unopened petals. I'm taking the ribbon and rolling it from the right side to the left, creating a rolled shape.

As seen in the pictures, I reinforce the base of the bud with stitches to prevent the ribbon from unraveling. Finally, I trim any excess ribbon remnants at the bottom for a clean finish.

 I sew the bud I created onto the desired location for the center of the rose using a needle and thread.
 Now, using a lighter tone of the same color as the bud, I will create petals that surround the bud in a sequential manner.  
To achieve this, I take a ribbon piece measuring approximately 4-5 cm and fold it towards the center at a 45-degree angle from both the right and left sides. This creates a triangular shape with a wide base. 

Next, I stitch along the bottom edge of the triangle, ensuring that the folds of the ribbon stay in place, and trim any excess ribbon from the edges.

 I take the first petal and position it around the bud, making sure it wraps neatly. 
Then, I carefully stitch it in place on the fabric. Following the same process, I create two more petals. 

As you can see in the picture, I stitch these petals around the bud, overlapping each other halfway to create a layered effect.
Now, it's time to add the final set of petals using the ribbon in the lightest shade. This ribbon should be wider than the previous ones to create a beautiful effect. 
Following the same method as before, I carefully shape four petals using the ribbon.
 Next, I delicately stitch each petal onto the fabric, ensuring they gracefully overlap and encircle the outer edges of the second set of petals. This brings the rose to its full completion, resulting in a stunning final look.
Congratulations! 
Your finished roses will closely resemble the image provided above. Don't hesitate to add as many petals as you like to achieve the desired look and make your roses even more stunning.

I truly hope you've enjoyed the instructional and have found it beneficial. Feel free to explore, add your personal touch, and make each rose uniquely yours. Happy crafting!


In the images below, I wanted to showcase a ribbon embroidery design that employs the same technique.
 This design highlights my ribbon embroidery roses, which I've crafted with an increased number of petal layers. This extra detailing lends an air of grandeur to the roses. 
I'm sharing this in hopes that it provides inspiration for your own creative projects.







Quotes-Inspired Hoop Art Ideas with Felt Appliques, Embroidery, and Crocheted Flowers

Explore 3D embroidery flower garden designs.

Bring your dream garden to life in your embroidery projects with simple and easy embroidery patterns!



➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠