♥ Create Lovely Ribbon Roses Step-by-Step: Easy and Enchanting Embroidery Tutorial!

 I may not be an expert in ribbon embroidery, but I always find joy in stitching with a few simple techniques I know. 
 The way ribbons can create delightful surprises with just a few stitches and the magical transformation of ribbons into beautiful flowers is something I truly adore.

 In today's tutorial, I want to demonstrate how to make charming ribbon roses using a very simple yet easy method. I'll be showing you my own simplified approach while creating these lovely ribbon embroidery roses. 
So, let's get started and enjoy the magic of ribbon embroidery together.
This technique is actually a combination of two familiar stitches: the running stitch and the French knot.

 Let's get started! First, I begin as if I'm going to make a French knot with a single wrap. 
In a typical French knot, we gently guide the ribbon we've looped onto the needle towards the tip of the needle and bring it down to the ribbon's exiting point from the fabric, then tighten the knot at that spot.

 However, now I'm doing it differently.  In this new method, starting from the point where the ribbon exits the fabric, I leave about 4.5-5 cm of allowance. 
At this point, I wrap the ribbon around the center of the needle once. 
Now, there's a 4.5 cm gap between the wrapped ribbon on my needle and the point where it exits the fabric. 

Now, it's time to move on to the next step - the running stitch.
 I start from the point where I wrapped the ribbon and insert the needle under the ribbon. 
Then, I proceed to work the running stitch by gently moving the needle along the ribbon. 

With each stitch, I pass the needle over and under the fabric in a regular and even manner, maintaining approximately 1 cm spacing between stitches. As I stitch, I continue down the length of the ribbon towards the fabric, ensuring to keep the stitches in a straight line down the center of the ribbon.

Finally, I insert my needle very close to the point where the ribbon exits the fabric, near the spot where it first emerges from the back, and then gently guide it downwards. Before taking the needle through the fabric, I make sure to pull the wrap firmly on the needle to create a neat appearance. I don't pull too tight, just firm it up a little by tugging the tail gently. 

This will create a nice center to the rose.  During this process, the ribbon smoothly slides down through my initial wrap and the running stitches, settling neatly in place. 
The running stitches create a neat alignment of the ribbon folds. 
As a result, the initial single-wrap French knot sits on top of these ribbon layers, acting as both an anchor to secure them and creating the impression of a tiny bud or the center of a flower
  
Can you believe how effortless it is? I'm absolutely amazed by how just two simple stitches can create such adorable roses. 
Trust me, once you get the hang of it, you'll find yourself constantly making these sweet blossoms! 
So why not embrace the joy of crafting and let these charming roses grace your creations, spreading their beauty and warmth wherever they go?

 The green leaves can be worked with ribbon stitch

To create the green leaves, I use the easiest ribbon stitch. 
Firstly, I take up the ribbon from under the fabric and bring it to the front, then lay it flat on the fabric surface.
 Next, I position the needle in the center of the ribbon, adjusting it to the desired length for the leaf.
 If I want to add a bit of variation to the leaf's curl, I pierce the ribbon slightly to the right or left of the center. Finally, I pull the needle through slowly, securing the ribbon in place.



Lastly, I've put together an adorable design for embroidering the roses, and I'm thrilled to share the step-by-step process with you through the images below.
 I can assure you that your ribbon embroidered roses will look absolutely charming nestled in this sweet flower pot. 

The best part is that this little pot comes with tiny holes, making it a breeze to sew it onto your embroidery project using a thread and a needle. Get ready to add a touch of pure cuteness to your creation! 
 Wouldn't you love to bring these beautiful roses to life in such an enjoyable project! 
Even if you don't have flowerpot buttons, you can still create the flowerpot shape using brown felt fabric. This extra touch of uniqueness will allow you to add your own personal style to the project and make it even more special. 
Embrace your creativity and let these lovely roses bloom beautifully on your embroidery, adding a touch of originality to your design! 

First, I embroider the stems of the roses. I use simple straight stitches to create a natural and elegant look.
Next, I arrange the roses in a bouquet style, just like I showed you in the step-by-step tutorial above. I position them side by side to create a beautiful cluster of blooms.

I also don't forget the tiny buds! These little additions add charm and detail to the bouquet.
After the roses, it's time to add some leaves using ribbon stitches. I carefully stitch the leaves around the roses to give them a realistic touch.

As you can see, the embroidery is taking shape beautifully. 
Now, I secure the adorable button in the shape of a clay flowerpot to the fabric right where the stems of the lovely rose bouquet begin, using small stitches. 
This creates the impression that the flower stems are emerging from within the flowerpot.

To complete the scene, I add some grass using simple vertical stitches in green thread around the flowerpot. These subtle details add a touch of magic, making the arrangement look even more lifelike and charming.
Now, adding two adorable embellishments to the design, a tiny red heart with a wire stem. 
I stitch it among the roses, giving the impression that it's emerging from the flowerpot.
 And for the final touch, I sew a small plaque label that says, "do small things with great love." This completes my ribbon embroidery design with a heartfelt message.
And that's all for today's tutorial! 
I hope you enjoyed creating these adorable roses with me.

 Don't forget to check out my YouTube channel where I share a wide variety of fun 3D embroidery tutorials.
 I'm sure you'll have a blast exploring the world of creative needlework! 
So, drop by sometime and join the fun. I can't wait to see you there and share more exciting projects together. 
Happy crafting.


You may also like

Quotes-Inspired Hoop Art Ideas with Felt Appliques, Embroidery, and Crocheted Flowers

Explore 3D embroidery flower garden designs.

Bring your dream garden to life in your embroidery projects with simple and easy embroidery patterns!



➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠