♥ Let's Create a Delightful Flower Garden: Fun and Easy Hand Embroidery with Simple Stitches

 Finally, spring is here!
 It presents a perfect opportunity to create a colorful and fun design featuring wildflowers and handmade  buttons shaped like terracotta pots.

  In addition, I have a few small pebble-like buttons that will add a special touch to my embroidery project. In this design, I envision three pots placed side by side in a garden. 
 In the first pot, there are white daisies, in the middle, vibrant pansies, and in the third pot, cheerful yellow daffodils and blue grape hyacinths. 

 Let me take you through the step-by-step process of creating a three-dimensional embroidery using plenty of pictures to illustrate each stage



I'm all set to begin! As depicted in the first image, my pots and stones rest in the palm of my hand, eager to be placed in their designated spots within my embroidery project.

 First and foremost, I begin by creating a curved, long horizontal line on the ground of the garden using the Stem Stitch. 

Once the ground is completed, I take the pot where the beautiful pansies will be displayed. I position the pot in its designated spot on the garden ground. I mark the starting points of the stems emerging from the top of the pot and set it aside for now.

   I use stem stitch technique to embroider body and stems of plants. 
I'm starting to embroider the first pansy. The pansy flower has the two upper overlapping petals , the two side petals and the single bottom petal.  
I embroider the two upper petals with purple thread using the cast on stitch technique.


      I continue by embroidering the left side petal, followed by the right side petal and the single bottom petal using the same technique, utilizing yellow thread. 
To bring the pansies to life, I carefully stitch the 'face' of the flowers using fine cotton thread in shades of orange and black.
 Finally, for the finishing touch, I add delicate French knots in yellow to represent the seeds
 
Continuing the process, I repeat the same steps to embroider the second pansy flower. However, this time I opt for light and dark blue threads to infuse the petals with vibrant colors and give them a lifelike appearance.


Continuing with my embroidery project, I now turn my attention to the third pansy flower. 
For this particular flower, I have chosen to use light and dark pink threads to bring out its delicate beauty.
After completing the pansy flowers, it's time to add some small buds around them to enhance the overall composition. I carefully choose suitable colors that complement the pansies and bring vibrancy to the design.

Using the same embroidery techniques, I create the buds using a combination of straight stitches and French knots.

After completing the three pansies, I'm now ready to move on to the leaves.
 I'm adding intricate small leaves to the branches of the pansy flowers using the picot stitch technique. The picot stitch technique helps me to add depth and dimension to the leaves. 

If you need more information about the picot stitch technique, you can refer to my previous picot stitch tutorial.

Here I have completed the embroidery of my pansy bouquet, and it will truly come to life when I add the terracotta pot. The addition of the pot will bring a sense of warmth and charm to the bouquet, creating an inviting atmosphere. It's incredible to see how a small and simple element like a pot can make a significant difference in the overall appearance and feel of the embroidery piece.


I will set aside the pots for now and continue working on my embroidery until it is complete.


I will now move on to the next section of my design, the daisies. 
I start by embroidering the stems using the stem stitch. As you can see in the pictures, I embroider small elongated petals using the picot stitch.
 I work the petals in a sequential manner along the circle I drew on the fabric, creating the shape of the daisy. 
Then, I embroider French knots in yellow thread at the center of the petals.

Indeed, the picot stitch is both simple and easy to work with. I use the picot stitch to create both the petals and the leaves. It allows me to add texture and dimension to my embroidery piece.



Let's create daffodil flowers together. 
To begin, I'm crafting the tube-shaped petal at the heart of the daffodil. 
By skillfully arranging cast-on stitch stitches in a circular formation, I've carefully formed a petite cylinder, with each stitch overlapping halfway onto the next, resulting in a beautiful and intricate shape.

Afterwards, I'm crafting six petals arranged in a circular fashion around the center cylinder. As you can see, I created the petals using the picot stitch technique, just like the others.

Additionally, I'm adding blue grape hyacinth flowers using French knots. These flowers, with their purple hue, create a lovely contrast with the yellow daffodils, forming a beautiful color harmony.
I'm weaving the distinctive slender and elongated leaves of the daffodil flowers using a variegated green thread, employing the picot stitch technique.

I have completed the flower embroideries. Aren't they adorable? I'm quite pleased with the vibrant colors. 

Now, it's time to stitch my pot-shaped buttons into the empty spaces at the bottom of the flower bouquets. As you can see in the pictures, I easily sew them onto my fabric using a needle and thread.


These are my favorite pieces, the small buttons resembling pebbles. They add a natural garden effect, giving a unique touch to my design.I easily stitched them onto my background fabric as well.
Now it's time to make the grass on the ground of my garden come alive. I'm using long, straight, and vertical stitches to create a grass-like appearance.

 By subtly varying the angles and directions of these stitches, I'm forming areas of lush greenery, just like real grass. I'm also adding some details with French knots in certain areas to enhance the overall effect.
There it is, finished! Three vibrant spring flowers in three pots in a garden. A delightful spring embroidery idea using simple stitching techniques to create a three-dimensional effect.

 I hope you enjoyed it. It would have been wonderful if I had also added some small butterflies. They would have brought a complete sense of spring vitality to my garden :) 

If I have been able to provide you with some small ideas for your embroidery projects, I'm happy.

 
 If you're interested in garden embroidery, I have prepared a few more tutorials on this subject. You can find them through the links below.


 ♥  3D Embroidery Design for a Vibrant Spring Garden





Quotes-Inspired Hoop Art Ideas with Felt Appliques, Embroidery, and Crocheted Flowers

Explore 3D embroidery flower garden designs.

Bring your dream garden to life in your embroidery projects with simple and easy embroidery patterns!



➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠