♥ Lovely Wreath of Blooms: Effortlessly Crafting Charming Flowers with the Easy Picot Stitch Method

 I'm here to share with you a new and exciting technique that I've developed! Get ready to learn a different style of the Woven Picot Stitch.

The woven picot stitch is a technique commonly used in 3D embroidery, particularly for imitating various flowers. 
Working with this technique is truly enjoyable, especially the repetitive weaving motions that bring a sense of relaxation. However, it requires careful attention when working in small spaces.
 During the weaving process, there's always a risk of accidentally catching or damaging previously made petals or stitches with the needle.
 It can be quite troublesome. But I've come up with a new technique that can solve this problem. 
Let's see if you find it useful.  
The essence of my technique lies in weaving on a different surface and then incorporating the woven standalone piece into the embroidery design on the hoop by sewing it in place with a needle and thread.  In this tutorial, I'd like to explain this technique I've developed for creating standalone picot stitches and invite you to join me in the process of creating simple flowers using this method.

If you have no prior knowledge of the traditional woven picot stitch, I recommend watching the tutorial in the provided link. It will give you a step-by-step understanding of the technique.



In this tutorial, I will show you two methods.

 First, we will create a woven chain picot consisting of five picots.
 Let's get started. 
I cut a rectangular piece of Eva foam paper with dimensions of 10 by 7 cm. Then, using scissors, 
I made small cuts along the long edge at equal intervals (3-4 mm). 
This will be our simple weaving loom. Leaving about 5-6 cm of the thread free at the end, I pass it through the first cut from the back to the front.
  I leave a loop of thread in the front, approximately the length of a petal, and pass it through the third cut to the back. 
 As you can see in the picture, I secure the loop with a pin. 
A reversed V shape is formed. Now, I bring the thread from the back to the front through the second cut and pass the thread behind the head of the pin, just like in a regular picot stitch.
  I repeat the familiar weaving motions, and when I reach the base, I wrap the thread around the third leg of the picot once and pass my needle through the loop. 
 This way, I secure the thread to the third leg of the first picot. I insert the pin into the Eva foam, aligning it with the height of the first picot.
 I pass the thread through the back of the pin's head. 
Then, I pass the thread through the fifth cut and go to the back. 
Once again, I bring the thread through the fourth cut to the front, pass it behind the head of the pin, and continue weaving. 
That's it. I repeat these movements up to the fifth picot.

After finishing the weaving and completing the five picots, I carefully remove the chain of picots from the Eva foam loom. Once I take the chain off the foam, there will be a loop remaining at the base of each petal. These loops are created where I attached the thread to the foam while weaving. Now, they will help me create the flower shape by connecting the petals together.

Using the needle and thread that is attached to the fifth picot at the tip of the petal, I take the needle and start from the loop at the base of the first petal, passing through all the remaining loose loops.

I pass the needle through each of the five loops and gently tighten the thread. And there you have it! Our lovely flower is complete!


Actually, when I started this tutorial, my intention was to demonstrate the creation of a single flower. But this cute blue flower inspired me to go further and create a beautiful design with multiple flowers.
 I couldn't resist adding another one to accompany it. I also embroidered branches in the shape of a heart wreath using the Stem stitch technique, and I weaved individual leaves on my Eva foam loom.

This single weaving tutorial, which is the second technique I wanted to show you, is perfect for creating flower petals and green leaves.



Using the cast on stitch technique, I created petite blue flowers and delicately scattered them around the curved branches of the heart-shaped wreath. 
To add a charming touch, I incorporated green leaves using the lazy daisy technique.

Here is the final look of my completed heart wreath, adorned with vibrant and cheerful blooming flowers. I hope you found the tutorial helpful and that it has inspired you for your own embroidery projects.

Check out my YouTube channel for more instructional videos on this technique! There, you'll find a variety of creative ideas and techniques to explore. 
Enhance your embroidery skills and get inspired! 


 You may also like






Quotes-Inspired Hoop Art Ideas with Felt Appliques, Embroidery, and Crocheted Flowers

Explore 3D embroidery flower garden designs.

Bring your dream garden to life in your embroidery projects with simple and easy embroidery patterns!



➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠