♥ Hand Embroidery tutorial - Cast-on stitch Rose Bouquet

Today, I have a new and easy embroidery tutorial for you
 We'll be learning how to embroider a lovely bouquet of roses using the cast-on stitch method.
 However, I prefer a more relaxed approach that gives the roses a natural and effortless look. 

Join me as we start embroidering the roses together."

I have previously shared a step-by-step tutorial on creating cast-on stitch roses, which was well-received by all of you.
 Today, I suggest revisiting the cast-on stitch rose technique and taking it a step further by practicing it on a stylish pattern.  It's a common belief that repetition is key to mastering any skill. 

Therefore, I hope that this straightforward tutorial on designing a simple bouquet of roses will inspire you to pick up your needle and embroidery thread and start stitching right away!

 A rose is a beautiful cluster of petals that gracefully unfold from the center, creating a captivating flower. 
To capture the essence of this natural wonder in my embroidery, I will adhere to the core idea. Starting with the largest rose, I will carefully craft overlapping petals, beginning from the center and working my way outwards.  For this particular rose, I have chosen to use three distinct shades of pink.
 By incorporating different tones of the same color, you can achieve a more realistic and lifelike appearance when creating your own roses. 

If you're unfamiliar with the cast-on stitch technique, I recommend visiting my page dedicated to cast-on stitch embroidery. 
There, you will find detailed instructions on how to work this stitch. It's always beneficial to familiarize yourself with the technique before attempting it. By referring to the guide, you'll gain a better understanding of the steps involved in creating beautiful cast-on stitch embroidery."

I began working at the center of the first rose.
 Here, I am creating the first row made up of small petals that intertwine with each other.
 Moving on to the second row, which surrounds these petals, I want the petals to be slightly larger than the ones in the first row. 
To achieve this, I place a fine knitting needle next to the working needle. 
Now, bypassing the loops onto both needles, I create a coil consisting of a large number of stitches.
 When it's time to complete the cast-on stitch knot and pass the needle through, I carefully remove the supporting knitting needle. I then pass the needle through the loops, securing the cast-on stitch.


Now, in the third row, I am increasing the number of petals to five. This will add more depth and intricacy to the design.
 When I reach the third row, I switch to a lighter shade of pink yarn. To make the petals in this row even larger, I placed a thicker needle next to the working needle. This helps me create bigger stitches and achieve the desired size for the petals. Working with both needles, I carefully form the stitches. After removing the supporting knitting needle, I complete the cast-on stitch by passing the working needle through the loops.  In the first two rows, I had made three petals each. 


When I reach the final row, I continue working with an even thicker support needle and a lighter shade of pink thread. 
This ensures that the petals in the last row are even larger and stand out prominently. 
The thicker support needle provides stability and helps maintain the desired shape. By using a lighter shade of pink, I create a subtle contrast and add a touch of delicacy to the final layer of petals.

I have successfully finished creating my first rose, and now I am ready to move on to the second one. For this particular rose, I would like to use darker shades of pink and burgundy.


While creating the second rose, I followed the same steps that I used for the first one. You can see the progression of the second rose through the provided images.  

To add a personal touch, I decided to include another rose in my design. This time, it's positioned sideways, and you can only see half of it.


I've finished making three roses, and here's a close-up view of them. I think the colors work well together and create a pleasing harmony.


I'm passionately working on embroidering buds of various sizes around my three roses, using thread colors that harmonize perfectly with them. 
As you can see in the image below, I'm carefully creating bullion stitches with a slightly darker shade of thread to give life to the buds. 

To achieve a natural bud-like shape, I added a cast-on stitch on both sides of the bullion stitch. 
This process adds a touch of warmth and enhances the overall beauty of the roses.

Embroidered roses are already beautiful, but adding a touch of green can make them look more realistic. To achieve a unique and unconventional appearance, I decided to experiment with a different needle-weaving technique.


Now I'm enhancing my design, and to create cherry blossoms, I'm using the cast-on stitch and thread to make 3-4 petals for each flower. 
I arrange the petals in a circular formation, mimicking the natural shape of the blossoms.
  Next, I fill the center of the flower with delicate pink French knots.
 These knots will add texture and intricate detail to the blossom.  Finally, to complete the cherry blossom, I made a single French knot in the center using Bordeaux thread.
 This knot serves as the focal point, adding depth and a touch of richness to the overall design.


To add a final touch to my design, I've decided to create small clusters of purple flowers. To begin, I stitch the thin stem portion using a dark green thread, which will serve as a guide for the flowers.
Then, I dive into creating the small clusters of purple flowers using a gradient purple embroidery thread. With each French knot, I carefully place them along the stem or branch, allowing them to scatter in a natural and free-spirited manner. 
This adds a touch of whimsy and beauty to the overall design, making it feel more vibrant and lively.
         Download pattern

Finally, it's finished! Here's the result of all the hard work. I hope you find the tutorial helpful! Now it's your turn to create your own bouquet using these embroidery techniques. Let your creativity flow and enjoy the process of designing your unique masterpiece.

 You may also like

Quotes-Inspired Hoop Art Ideas with Felt Appliques, Embroidery, and Crocheted Flowers

Explore 3D embroidery flower garden designs.

Bring your dream garden to life in your embroidery projects with simple and easy embroidery patterns!



➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠